10. Gospel-Centered Living
I understand “Gospel-Centered Living” is the new buzz word in the modern evangelical church. But this is a buzz word I really like! As Christians, we should strive to live out the Gospel in our daily lives. The Gospel isn’t just good news received at salvation, but also a lifestyle to be lived out as we conform to the image of Jesus Christ. The Gospel transforms our marriages, parenting, singleness, our careers and everything in-between. The Gospel transforms our daily life! Gospel living must be our passion!
We need to teach our children how the gospel applies to every aspect of their lives. Teaching our children to focus on the gospel will help them take the focus off themselves, and properly focus it upon Jesus! Gospel-Centered Living will help our children destroy their idols. Battle sin and temptation. And will help them further conform to the image of Jesus Christ! May your children boast in Christ and His work as they strive to live out a Gospel-Centered life!
Meditate on these verses and answer the questions below. Remember, this isn’t a thorough study on Gospel-Centered Living, just a “warm-up” study. I encourage you to utilize the additional resources available (Books or Sermons) on Gospel-Centered Living. Also, spend a few moments and read some great quotes on Gospel-Centered Living posted here.
1. What is the Gospel? Read: 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 2 Timothy 2:8, 1 Corinthians 1:18, Acts 26:22-23. What did you learn from these verses?
2. Does the Gospel Transform? Read: 2 Corinthians 5:17, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 8:29, Colossians 3:10. What did you learn from these verses?
3. What are some of the benefits of experiencing gospel transformation (knowing God)? Read: Hebrews 3:14, Hebrews 4:16, Hebrews 7:25, Hebrews 10:22. What did you learn from these verses?
4. How does the Gospel impact my daily life? Philippians 1:27, Colossians 1:10, Colossians 2:6, 1 Thessalonians 2:12. What did you learn from these verses?
5. How is the Cross central to our life? Read: Galatians 6:14, 1 Corinthians 2:2, Romans 6:6, Galatians 2:20, Galatians 5:24, Philippians 3:7-8. What did you learn from these verses?
- That your children would imitate you as you imitate Christ.
- That the method by which you parent would be gospel centered.
- Read the following articles. How can Parents explain the Gospel to their Children without toning down the Commands of Scripture and The Dangers of Moralistic Parenting. Write a short paragraph about what you learned.
- Spend some time listening to some sermons on Gospel-Centered Living. These sermons vary in length. You can find the sermons here.